Benefits of Product Approval
The three tiers of regulation
FEDANT Registered – The Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT) regulates Antenatal Educators, Breastfeeding Counsellors and Doulas in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Islands. This means that we administer the profession standards Antenatal Educators, Breastfeeding Counsellors and Doulas, are required to meet in their working lives.
FEDANT Accredited – FEDANT administers the profession standards for education, to make sure Antenatal Educators, Breastfeeding Counsellors and Doulas have the right skills and qualities to be entered onto the National Register.
FEDANT Approved– FEDANT administers a listing of products that have been awarded FEDANT Product Approval. Consumers may be assured that these brands conduct their scientific and clinical research in a manner appropriate to endorsement by the sector regulator.
Benefits of FEDANT Product Approval
- A FEDANT Approved Product demonstrates success in satisfying the demanding requirements of the national regulatory body and the benchmarks of a respected quality assurance framework.
- The FEDANT Approved Product is entitled to bear the FEDANT Approved Product logo on all applicable packaging.
- The FEDANT Approved Product logo may be used on websites and promotional materials.
- FEDANT enjoys excellent recognition within the industry, with service users, with employers and with service commissioners.
- The majority of independent antenatal educators in the UK are regulated by FEDANT.
- On average each FEDANT Registrant provides antenatal education to 62 expectant mothers each year. This means that over 150,000 product users are directly engaged with the FEDANT brand each year.
- Products holding FEDANT Approved Product status in good order are listed on the FEDANT Approved Products page of the FEDANT website.