The Federation of Antenatal Educators administers a regulatory structure for Antenatal Educators, Breastfeeding Counsellors and Doulas. This regulatory structure can act as a means to guide agencies and legislators in developing guidelines and laws which will in turn act to regulate the provision of Antenatal Education in the United Kingdom.
A regulatory structure ensures the continuity of course content and facilitation and provides reassurance to parents that their course is being delivered in an appropriate manner by qualified and insured educators.
- Agree a set of common standards for the practice and training of Antenatal Education
- Develop a single register of antenatal teachers in the UK
- Develop a core curriculum
- Foster research into antenatal education
- Encourage professional development of antenatal education
- Maintain and develop good working practices with a view to safeguarding the general public