Postnatal Practitioner Registration
Who will be permitted entry to the National Register?
Admission to the National Register will be permitted to those who are able to provide evidence of:
- A valid qualification in antenatal education issued by a reputable awarding body.
- Valid Professional Liability Insurance.
- An undertaking to abide by the Code of Ethics and Practice applicable to FEDANT.
Admission to the National Register provides:
- Being registered with FEDANT provides the professional Postnatal Practitioner with a reputable conduit to clients who are seeking their services.
- Credibility of being validated by the only registering body in the UK specifically for Antenatal Educators, Breastfeeding Counsellors and Doulas.
- Listing on publicly searchable National Register.
- Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance at preferential rates available only to FEDANT Registrants.
- National public awareness campaign.
- Representation to Government and other healthcare regulatory bodies.
- Continuing Professional Development - Registrants receive regular updates with details of approved CPD training providers and events.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Annual Registration Card.
- As a Postnatal Practitioner if you also possess an appropriate qualification as an Antenatal Educator, Doula, Breastfeeding Counsellor and/or practitioner in CAM therapies you may list these on your registration with no additional cost.
- Sanctioned use of the FEDANT logo and lettering on publicity materials.
- Online access to a library of information, articles and research materials – no download limits.
- Email and website linked to National Registration.
Note – An email confirming status and requirements for evidence will be sent to the email address provided on the registration form. If this email is not received, please check spam filters and junk email boxes before contacting administration.
Annual Registration is charged at £48.50
Important notice Regarding FEDANT Block Scheme Insurance
If choosing to use the FEDANT Block Scheme Insurance your Registration comes in TWO parts:
- Application to FEDANT National Register and payment to FEDANT.
- Application for FEDANT Block Scheme Insurance with payment to the insurance provider.
- National Registration MUST be renewed annually for the FEDANT Block Scheme Insurance to provide cover.