CAM Practitioner Registration
Who will be permitted entry to the National Register?
The only practitioners who will be permitted entry to the register will be those who are able to provide evidence of:
- A valid qualification in their therapy issued by a reputable awarding body together with training specific to the treatment of pregnant women.
- Valid Professional Liability Insurance.
- An undertaking to abide by the Code of Ethics and Practice applicable to FEDANT.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) in Antenatal Care:
Recent research suggests that in excess of 70% of pregnant women and their partners use some form of complementary therapy during pregnancy and/or labour. Major strides have been made in recent years with the provision of complementary healthcare in the UK . Parents have expressed concerns about the difficulty in finding a suitably qualified practitioner without doing in-depth research into each professional qualification. Being registered with FEDANT provides the professional practitioner with a reputable conduit to clients who are seeking their services.
Admission to the National Register provides:
- Being registered with FEDANT provides the CAM Practitioner with a reputable conduit to clients who are seeking their services.
- Credibility of being validated by the only registering body in the UK specifically for Antenatal Educators, Breastfeeding Counsellors and Doulas.
- Listing on publicly searchable National Register.
- Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance at preferential rates available only to FEDANT Registrants.
- National public awareness campaign.
- Representation to Government and other healthcare regulatory bodies.
- Continuing Professional Development - Registrants receive regular updates with details of approved CPD training providers and events.
- As a CAM Practitioner if you also possess an appropriate qualification as a Breastfeeding Counsellor and/or Doula you may list these on your registration with no additional cost.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Annual Registration Card.
- Sanctioned use of the FEDANT logo and lettering on publicity materials.
- Online access to a library of information, articles and research materials – no download limits.
- Email and website linked to National Registration.
Note – An email confirming status and requirements for evidence will be sent to the email address provided on the registration form. If this email is not received, please check spam filters and junk email boxes before contacting administration.
Annual Registration is charged at £48.50.
If choosing to use the FEDANT Block Scheme Insurance your Registration comes in TWO parts:
- Application to FEDANT National Register and payment to FEDANT.
- Application for FEDANT Block Scheme Insurance with payment to the insurance provider.
- National Registration MUST be renewed annually for the FEDANT Block Scheme Insurance to provide cover.