NCAV Breastfeeding Counsellor Course Accreditation
Please ensure you have read the general details on Course Accreditation.
To be considered under the NCAV process content of Breastfeeding Counsellor Awards must include:
- Anatomy of the Breast.
- Benefits of Breastfeeding.
- Breast Conditions.
- Breast Milk Expression and Storage.
- Composition of Breast Milk.
- Communication Skills.
- Factors affecting Breastfeeding.
- Feeding of Low Birth Weight Babies.
- Immunology of Breast Milk.
- Initiation of Breastfeeding.
- Maternal Health and Nutrition.
- Milk Supply.
- Nutritional Value of Breast Milk.
- Physiology of Breastfeeding.
Courses are mapped against UNICEF standards and NICE guidelines as applicable.
If you require assistance or have questions relating to course submission please contact the Education Committee Support TeamBack to Apply for Course or Service Accreditation